(function() { (function(){function c(a){this.t={};this.tick=function(a,c,b){var d=void 0!=b?b:(new Date).getTime();this.t[a]=[d,c];if(void 0==b)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+a)}catch(l){}};this.tick("start",null,a)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var h=0=b&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-b)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load;0=b&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,b),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt", e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=c&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var f=!1;function g(){f||(f=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",g,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",g); })();

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

You still would though ...wouldn't you?

I visited a frail, old gypsy last night and after crossing her palm with silver she drew out her cloth covered, rickety table with regulation crystal ball planted in the middle. The gypsy woman began to hover her sweaty hands over the ball and spat some unpronouncable babble. The tension rose in the small tent she called home and I said, "What can you see? What is it? Damn you traveller!"
"Silence boy! Patience will be a worthy attribute, should you learn it."
"Push forward you imbecile", I said. "I'm hungry for knowledge."
"Then you shall receive that what you desire, although I do not believe you can carry such a burden right now. For the ball reveals secrets that are most sought after and if they were to fall into the wrong hands, I can imagine catastrophy."
This is nonsense I thought. How can anything this poor old bag has to say have any relevance and be anything other than a cheap scam. I decided to humour her and get the misery over and done with.
"I'm ready for your secrets old woman. Throw them upon me. Gently."
"Very well young Sir, but listen carefully..."
"YES?!", I barked.
The gypsy lady slowly craned her head both to the left and the right before eerily whispering,
"You ain't gettin' your money back! Look into the ball..."
I looked into the hazy ball and could make out several images, growing stronger in clarity.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home